Monday, March 30, 2009

A Blast from the Past


This picture was taken in June of 2005 at the end of my Senior BSN preceptorship at the Labor and Delivery Unit of Kaiser Bellflower in Southern California. The lady at my left is Irene. She was originally from China, educated as a nurse in England, later marrying a guy from Memphis, eventually settling in Southern California. She is such an interesting person and we enjoyed the time we spent together. We still keep in touch. I was recently reminded of this time in my life when the news came out that octuplets were delivered in this very unit where I had done my preceptorship. Irene said she wasn't involved because she hadn't volunteered to be on the delivery team for fear that she would be called to work in the middle of the night. I wish the best for the babies and their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment