Monday, March 30, 2009

Laura's new car!

Well, we realized right away that if we were to be moving away from the MAX line and further away from Portland, we simply had to have a second car.

We looked at many cars in our search. Jacob's dad who is an auto mechanic helped us. At first we talked about it in terms of "we will drive" and "our new car", but then we ended up buying a cute little 1998 Honda Civic DX like the one pictured here (courtesy of kelly blue book) and I fell in love with it. The "we" and "our" business ended right there. From the first time I drove it, it became "my car". Of course I let Jacob put his name on the title... but it's still my car. :) Even if Jacob ends up driving it more than I do, it will always be my car. Jacob gets a big kick out of how much I love this car because he was the one who found it and picked it out. Great job Jacob! It has a manual transmission which I really enjoy because I get to go vroom vroom, and the car gets super great gas mileage, somewhere between 34-40 mpg depending how it is driven. This has been a new experience for me to get so attached to a non-human thing. Mostly I think I'm just excited by having found such a reliable, affordable, earth-friendly car, and I relish the new feeling of freedom that comes from having a car at my disposal at all times. I feel like I've graduated!

No comments:

Post a Comment