Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our New Place

Many of you may know that we recently moved to a new place in March. We're living only about a 10 minute drive further away from Portland now, but it is like a different world. We're now in a very peaceful woodsy and agricultural area where the calm and quiet is palpable. Instead of hearing the MAX train and traffic go by, we hear a bubbling creek, frogs at night and hummingbirds whizzing by during the day.

In the main house on the property lives a lovely family with eight children ranging in age from 2-17. They are all delightful and we enjoy seeing them here and there as we go about our activities. They are so welcoming and fun. Just yesterday they got eight cute little chicks - one for each child - and are going to start raising chickens in the backyard. We can't believe how blessed we are to have found such an ideal spot to live. I could describe forever how much we like it, but instead I think I'll just put up some pictures so you can understand right away :)

Here you can see the main house through the trees. We're living off to the left of the main house in an apartment over the garage.















This is a corner our place as seen from the driveway. The views make it feel like a fun hideaway vacation cabin and there's a really awesome climbing wall in the garage right below our place.














Following are some of the views taken out the window. You can just barely see the creek through the trees.















































The backyard complete with trampoline and fire pit.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Just like where I grew up... I miss it so! You will love it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That is the COOLEST apartment I have seen for quite some time! Plus, garage apartments are the best-no downstairs neighbors to worry about when you want to let loose and dance at midnight! :) I had one on my mission, and though I never got to dance at midnight, it was still really nice. :) Seriously, I feel like I can breathe deeper even after just looking at all that greenery surrounding you. Delightful, just deligthful. I'm so happy for you guys.
    Funny that you should be snapping shots of daffodils soaking up the sun on the same day I was snapping shots of trees weighed down with snow. Check out my blog to see our crazy Utah spring weather. :)

    ReplyDelete