Monday, December 22, 2008

The Emmy

When I was in junior high school, my mom said to me one day, "Oh, did I tell you? You dad won an emmy award." I was quite surprised and said, "Really?" She said, "He won it a while ago, but they haven't given him the statue yet." After more questions, I found out that he had been part of the broadcast team that had covered a particularly bad Malibu fire that won a Los Angeles Area Emmy Award. Well, I had almost forgotten about it until a few weeks ago when someone called up my dad and said, "We have your emmy down here collecting dust. You want it?" He said, "Sure!" and it was delivered the next day. So it was true! We do have an emmy award winner in the family. Not just an emmy award nominee... a winner! What a nice tribute to my dad after so many years of good work in television. My dad was very well liked at the TV station where he worked. They even did a spot on him on the 10 o'clock news when he retired. We're all very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment