Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Laura's latest achievement

I have loved Asian cuisine my whole life. In fact, I would be eating it all the time except that one has to go out to eat Asian food and that gets expensive. "But wait!" said my brain the other day: "Just because your mother never made thai food and sushi doesn't mean that YOU can't!" What a life changing and encouraging thought! I said to myself, "YOU, TOO, can make pad thai!" So... I went to the closest public library and found a thai food cook book. Tommy Tang's Modern Thai Cuisine to be precise. Thank you Tommy Tang! Thanks to Tommy and a fabulous asian food market a few blocks away, I am in business. Don't you just want to sink your teeth into this dish I put together (enlarged to show texture)? I mean, who knew that leeks curled up like ribbons when they are shredded! So, I've made pad thai every night for the last three nights at significantly less cost than buying it at the nearby thai restaurant. I feel like running down the street shouting "Eureka!" but apparently that can sometimes get you thrown in jail so I will restrain myself.



Next up: Sushi! Stay tuned for more adventures as Laura liberates herself from self doubt and dapples in international cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment