Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Fun December Day

<----This way to fun day!----->

I work night shift and therefore refer to myself as nocturnal. Portland is known for its cloudy, rainy days. It's been a mild winter so far, but I still see the sun far less than I would like. Jacob woke me up the other afternoon and said, "I know sleeping is good, but it is such a gorgeous day outside, you really should come with me." We proceeded to have a fantastic afternoon, enjoying some of the sights around Portland. Having just discovered the delights of blogging two weeks ago, I brought the camera along so we could record and share the joy:

Just look at that clear blue sky!
At the Rose Garden. The sun was so bright that the sky looks white in the photograph even though it was a beautiful blue.
We were really bummed that we couldn't climb on the decorative, artsy cow :(

It was possibly even more of a bummer that we couldn't climb on the train carrying a load of humongous logs.

BUT THAT DID NOT STOP US FROM HAVING FUN!
Hee hee hee!

Evil giggle

"I'm not sure these logs are entirely stable"

My hero!

Now for something really funny: Laura's attempt at being feminine in the Shakespeare Garden

The magic of HP Photosmart. This is actually two different pictures and two completely different rocks! We each took a picture of the other and I spliced them on the computer. Isn't technology cool? And don't we look sneaky and conniving?

This picture, however is completely untouched and legit. Jacob really is just too tall and too fat to fit through that door.

Of all the rose bushes, this one's name was our favorite.

When we started getting chilly we went down into the Robertson Tunnel to watch some real trains go by. This is the MAX blue line heading to Hillsboro.

On the way home I snapped pictures of the sunset from inside the moving car. Here are my favorite shots, pre and post tinkering on Photosmart. I love playing with colors!
















No comments:

Post a Comment